Friday, September 9, 2016

What do you get if you mix an Austrian with no sense of direction with New Zealand?

 Lost.

Seaside Breakfast

I didn't go to the waterfront yesterday, so I bought some food and went there for breakfast. It was nice - If only it didn't start raining.

Then I found the bus stop on time, got on the bus, got off. So far so good. How do I get from the stop to the meeting point? Thank Anu for GPS and Google Maps. However, if you know me you know that I am about as good at finding my way around as Priapus is prude.
My 16 minute walk turned out to be 45 minutes (thanks metlink). Maybe that's because I kind of took some wrong turns, hiked up a hill on steep trails, and accidentaly ended up in several people's yards. It was quite nice and exiting, it's beautiful. The weight of the backpacks did tarnish the experience a bit, though. I met a local lady twice, and she told me that this weather is the coldest they had all year.





No comments:

Post a Comment