Monday, September 12, 2016

Upon the sand, Upon the bay


I had my first day working with the conservation team today.
We planted some plants and weeded some weeds. It was bewilderingly uneventful. Truly, I would love to write something interesting about it, but there isn't much to say. The people are lovely. Yesterday, three more volunteers arrived in Wellington. They came from Auckland, and appearently, things aren't as laid-back and relaxed there as they are here. In a few weeks I will see for myself.
On the weekend, I went for a walk, once alone and once with one other volunteer. I am kind of proud of my navigational achievements. Not that we didn't get lost, of course we did, but we got lost in the way that we knew where we were, we just didn't know how to get to the place where we wanted to be. That's progress - usually I don't even have the slightest clue where I am, how I got there, where I want to be and why I even want to go anywhere at all. 
Anyways, here is a slightly shaky video of Houghton Bay, where we ended up. I tried to cut it nicely but I don't have the time here to spend days and days editing. Neither do I have a tripod with me, which sucks, but I have to carry all my stuff. Whatever, if it looks too bad, just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Hopefully, David Bowie isn't coming back from the dead to get me for using his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment