Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Off to a good start!

Time flies when you're flying... Well, at least on short flights. I just arrived at Munich Airport after just over an hour in the air from Vienna. The next 24 hours are going to be rough, tough: From Munich to Singapore and Singapore to Auckland. Both flights are over ten hours. I'm exited - 20 hours of watching movies without parents telling me to go to sleep or clean my room - the pleasure of traveling solo.

Preparation Frustration
I hate packing. I will procrastinate putting my stuff into my bag as long as humanly possible. There's just so much preassure that I will do it wrong, that I will forget something, that I will pack too much, or that I don't find everything that I'd rather not do it just now. Maybe in an hour or so my flannel shirts and shower gel will fly into my bag on their own. Yesterday night it took me until eleven at night to pack. Not that I was busy that day and could only start in the evening, nah, I'm just a big old procrastinator and really hate packing.
That should be everything, right?

I'm taking two backpacks and a small purse. I figured that would be the most portable solution, I might have to carry my baggage quite a bit at some point. My organization advised long-sleeved shirts and trousers fit for working, so that's most of my clothes. The big backpack that I use as drop-off baggage is not that heavy - again, I had to be able to carry it around on my own. In my carry-on I have all my electronics: laptop, phone, 2 cameras (one for filming and one that's waterproof), and the chargers for everything of course. All together it should be around 15 kg, still quite light for three months. Then again, I don't even own so that many clothes anyways.

Then I had to say goodbye to everyone, my grandparents, friends, parents, and of course cats. They were the hardest. I got up at five thirty today and got on the train to the airport. Seriously, I love our train system. The best thing ever. If you're ever in Vienna, don't bother taking a taxi or bus to the airport, take the train. In Vienna, the Airport was beautifully empty. I didn't stand in line at the drop-off or the security check. You learn to appreciate short waiting times if you travel a lot.
Our flight was delayed a little, but whatever, I have a long waiting time in Munich anyways.
getting on the train, tired, nervous, and excited (picture taken by my mum)

Now I'm here at the gate to my next flight and just bought slightly expensive Sushi and a Smoothie - I was craving something healthy. And who knows if I will be able to get vegan food again soon?


I'm also very glad that the airport here has free wi-fi, I'm not saying I'm the stereotypical internetobsessed millennial who needs to be online to function, but it's definately more pleasant to kill time online than offline. Soon I'm off to Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment