Sunday, November 6, 2016

Pancake Rocks and pancakes rock

My first week in Punakaiki is over, and what can I say, it was great! The house is great! Most of the utensils are not broken and the kitchen is basically free of spiders! And most importantly, there is working wifi! I am in awe! The new team is super nice as well and I am happily reunited with two Belgians I met in Auckland.
The work was alright: Planting, removing the protective plastic around last year's plants, weeding in the nursery and organizing plants. Next week we will be planting at a farm every day.

On the weekend, I went to the beach and to see the Pancake Rocks. They are very impressive. Neither words nor pictures nor videos can capture how cool this eroding limestone formation is, so you have to see them youself.


I was especially fascinated with the powerful Westcoast Waves, and those really can't be captured with pictures, so I made a video.


The shakyness of all my videos is annoying me, but filming steadily without a tripod is really hard.

This morning, we also made pancakes, which were really good. Somehow, this house inspires everyone to cook and bake a ton of things. I already made cookies, cake and failed at baking bread.
Waffles, brownies, homemade flatbread,... It's probably a bit over the top! We are definately not starving. We even refused to buy sweet snacks this week since we can make better stuff on our own.

I have a bunch of stuff planned for the next weekends: Horse trekking, visiting a glow worm cave, maybe rafting,.. and I'm very much looking forwards to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment