Sunday, November 13, 2016

Famous Blue Raincoat (that I didn't take with me this weekend also my rainjacket is black but for some reason I feel obliged to reference Leonard Cohen since he died and I couldn't think of a better title so RIP and Hallelujah)

Another week has passed. A particularily wet week. And also very sad week. I don't even want to get started, you probably know what I mean and how I feel about it anyways, even if you don't agree with me.
 We planted at a farm Monday to Thursday. Since the weather was too bad, we got a few afternoons off, and on Friday, we didn't even go there and did some nurserywork instead. We put tiny little baby plants into their own pots.

The seedlings go from here...

...to there
It was a lot nicer, just standing in the dry shed and potting little Mingimingi instead sliding around on hillsides while getting showerd for hours.

That's the nursery from the hill behind it. They take care of basically everything you see.

I walked around a bit on the weekend, went to the Punakaiki Cavern, and went Horse riding.

The river above makes this little freshwater lake at the beach

There are tons of starting Stalagtites and Stalagmites in the Cavern


I found the cave very cool, very fascinating! Of course, it's dark in there and the pictures aren't that great. The pancake rocks and the cavern are both free, by the way!

Truman beach


The horse riding was nice! We even went to the beach, which was a great experience. It had looked wonderfully sunny and warm when we started the tour, so I only wore a short sleeved shirt. A big mistake. Pretty soon, it just started pouring down. My horse made it pretty clear he didn't like the weather, he was a bit grumpy. Still, it was cool to ride at the beach. Even though I was freezing the entire time.

Me and Jeb
I was definately looking forwards to a hot shower and a cup of tea. I just put in a bunch of spices, like ginger and coriander and cloves and cayenne pepper and got cozy in my sleeping bag. Luckily I had made apple toffee cake the day before and could enjoy it with the tea. I think I am slowly but steadily convincing my workmates that you can cook and bake edible vegan stuff. The cake, at least, didn't even last a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment